CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 5 June 2007

A Time to Reflect


The thought for today is to do with Miss Hilton. Paris, the heiress to her father's empire. She checked into jail last night 2 days before she was due. An interview I heard with her at the MTV Awards last night in L.A (the last place she was seen publicly), she said "I'm scared but I'm being strong and I'm ready to face my sentence. "I hope this can be an example to other young people and be something positive.
"These past couple of weeks have been a lot of self-reflecting on my life and what's important," she added.
A papparazzi who has been following Paris and her trial has said that "They're making an example out of her, this would never happen to any other person."
I salute young Paris. She's doing her time and I heard reports that she went in after having to be strip-searched - externally and internally. This was something that she really was not looking forward to, but despite this is in good spirits.
Her cell-mate was chosen (many women were interviewed) and it was said that this woman had a particular character, a character that would not serve her sentence and sell her story to the press. But we'll just have to wait and see how much money she gets offered, then she'll be singing a different tune - won't she?!

From Girl Next Door to Paris Hilton Good Luck Darlin' our hearts and thoughts are with you!
Til next time,

Girl Next Door xx
P.S Leave me a comment on what you think about Paris doing her time.

3 comments:

Liv said...

I totally agree with Girl Next Door- Paris is doing a brave thing heading into jail as a "normal" person and two days early at that. I'm not normally a fan of Paris- when I first heard about her jail sentence, I shouted "She finally got what was coming to her!" However, aftering reading that Paris had the option to pay a certain sum of money to go to a more luxurious prison, with special treatment and gourmet food, but she elected to go to the regular women's prison anyway, my opinion of her has certainly changed.
Here's hoping the time she has to reflect will get her to accept responsibilty for her actions and decisions in future.
Good Luck Paris!

supergirl said...

i'm not a big Paris lover but i think people need to leave her alone. The poor heiress was joked about by the host at the MTV awards in L.A when she was sitting in the room. she has been incredibly brave and she knows she has done wrong so she is taking her punishment well.
We are all behind you Paris!!!

frangipani princess said...

i'm not paris's hugest fan but i like her. it will do her some good to be in jail for a while, she'll learn to be a normal person.