CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 18 June 2007

A night to remember...




Haha as I write this I am still laughing to myself! What a funny night, filled with laughter, drinking and some really bad singing!

Milli and Mandy's mum's house is where the night begun with photos, nibblies and excitement. Next the bus. Some say this was the highlight of their night. Maybe it was Simo getting up and doing his Johnny Farnham solo, maybe it was the relief of the toilet stops (on the side of the road, near the art museum!). Or maybe it was the whole 35 of us dressed up as our fave rockstars from the 80's. Whatever it was there was not a face without a smile and a hand without a drink.

Karaoke World was pretty interesting... $22 for a bottle of champers (hey, once you're drunk you'll pay anything. A little out of control with the handling of the mikes. But I got my Spice girls solo in with the girls which is all I wanted to achieve in the karaoke stakes. Table dancing seemed to be the only way to get noticed if you didn't have a mike in your hand. Not that I did that or anything.

After a well and truly good boogie. And I mean good, a couple of us wandered into a few other rooms to join in on other people's fun, another thing that I was not involved in.

After losing a few of the crew and a couple of really abusive phone calls (sorry baby) we headed onto The Retro. Before you all ask what the heck is The Retro? I will explain...Cool club on Sussex St, well cool, coz it's got like 5 levels and has different eras of music playing throughout, ie. 70's, 80's, not cool coz we almost had to pay $20 to get in (thanks Mandy). After we'd boogied til we could not boogie anymore (well actually I could have kept going coz I was on a super-high after Spice Girls 'Who do you think you are' came on) it was time to leave.
So I walked down the 4 flights of stairs with Kel and waited out the front. Waited and waited until a couple of our friends walked out crying (Poor Milli). All of a sudden 2 cop cars pulled up and two of our mates walked out with bleeding noses and black eyes. Hhhmm had I missed something? Yes apparently there was a bit of a ker-fuffle with the bouncers (SOO not cool!) and some of the crew ended up at our local hospital getting stitches.
All in all it was an amazing night and the Twinnies had a ball which is the main thing! Yay!
Pics above to see how hot we all looked! See if you can spot Tina Turner...!

Girl Next Door xx