CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 4 June 2007

Life is a Journey...


Ever wish you knew certain information in your life to help you get through the bad times? I mean you could always listen to your parents - which I can tell you right now I was really not that good at! Or you could figure things out for yourself.
I believe it's 'these things we figure out for our selves' that shape our identity. The things we experience as we go through our everyday lives make us a better (or worse) person.
I could write the book on what I could have told myself when I was younger - what I would have said to myself 16 year old self. It would go a little something like this:
"Dear Belinda,
You've been working for 2 years now, start saving - so when you're in your twenties you can move out of home and not be struggling, not be dependant on anyone else and not being able to purchase things you long to have - like a pink digital camera, or those hot sunnies that you fell in love with.
Boys, you will find the right one, the one who treats you like you should be treated - a princess, nothing less.
Family, they are one of your biggest treasures and the moments you spend with them are sparkling gems, so look after them.
Friends, another breed that should treat you with the respect and love that you need. They're there for you when you need them and when you don't.
Good Luck and remember to stay true to yourself. Don't change anything about yourself for anyone (unless it's completely necessary - like giving up that nicotine habit, starting to have breakfast in the mornings or exercising.)
In the long run you will thank me.
Love Belinda "
Wouldn't life be soooo much easier if we all had guardian angels to tell us what to do and what to look out for. But maybe we woudln't be the people we were without realising things for ourselves??
Just a thought for the day ahead,
Happy Monday.

Girl Next Door xx

1 comments:

Em =) said...

I believe that we go through things on our own for a reason. As everyone says, "You learn from your mistakes". I'm only 17 and I myself wish I could have told me to look out for such things. But I'm sure I wouldn't have learnt what I have today if I had detoured those troubled times. But then again, I'm sure I would have come across other problems in the meantime too!.