CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 14 June 2007

Ever get the feeling something doesn't feel right?


Have you ever had the feeling that something just isn't right? That dress you bought from Sportsgirl or that Mimco bag you paid x amount of dollars for? Maybe you had a premonition or just a feeling that things weren't right?
I for one have always managed to understand if things are mean't to be or not mean't to be, just by a feeling.
One feeling I've had for quite some time now has really hung round. Like a bad smell. Making me sick with worry and unhappiness. That feeling is re. my work life. I have been working full time since I left high school. SO lucky to have gotten my foot in the door of one of the biggest publishing houses in Australia. Being there for 3 years saw me move onto something I thought was what I wanted, but in actual fact was totally not. Swapping my pink heels for black flats was not the move I intended to take.
Getting into radio was something I thought I wanted to do; but alas I was wrong. As of next week I would have been here for 3 months. End of probationary period and start of my career in radio sales. For someone who is used to writing about celebrities, festivals and self-respect to someone who has to get her head around how much money we need to get a client to invest, it was truly not for me.
I got to the point where everyday was an effort. To leave my house at 6.45am. and get home at 6.45pm. I need to be passionate about what I do. I need to feel like I want to come in to work everyday and be able to face my one hour bus ride and 45 minute walk in the freezing cold for a reason. But there was no longer reason for me. A light inside me turned on and today I resigned from my job at vega. With the world at my fingertips I decided that life is too short to be unhappy.
But don't worry, you'll see me in the credit lines of one of your fave mags very soon.
Watch this space.

Girl Next Door x