CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 19 June 2007

New York, New York.....



As I sit here at my desk and this gross weather goes on outside I wonder what it would be like to be out of temperamental Sydney and in busy, bright lights New York. I've always wanted to go there and to live there would be a dream of mine come true. But if I did move over there what about my friends, my boyfriend, my family? I don't think I could do it without at least one of them. I've imagined what it would be like to work at a magazine over there. Teen Vogue's glossy pages spring to my mind. Everyday would be like a scene out of 'The Devil Wears Prada' trying to impress work colleagues with my fashion choices, trying to work my way up to my dream. I don;t know why my career means to much to me. I've always been really ambitious and always thought I would put my career before anything.
Someone once told me it shouldn't matter what everyone else wants, it's about what you want in your life. I'm at a time in my life where I want to be somewhere without having to take backwards steps to get there. I'm the kinda gal who needs to be praised upon for the things that she does, reassured that what I do is really meaning something and not nothing. I know I will get there and i am still young but I can't help thinking that life is getting away from me as well. If it's one thing I've realised lately is that life is too short. Too short for being angry, too short for getting upset and too short for doing things that other people want you to do.
What do you think?

Girl Next Door xx