CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 18 October 2007

That, just destroyed my buzz

It's always the way isn't?
You know, you're having a lovely morning, walking to the bus stop, the birds are chirping, the mother ducks are quacking with their long line of baby ducklings trailing behind them and the rabbits and the cockatoos are all frolicking together in the park (just in case you’re wondering if I walk through a zoo in the morning I actually live near a lake, with lots of wildlife).

It was going to be a gorgeous day and I was happily listening to Kyle & Jackie O, how I start my day most mornings. I hopped onto the bus and sat down feeling quite happy with myself that I’d scored a seat. I shifted the volume on my i-pod a little higher as the bus started to move. 5 minutes later, I was in my own world. Until the woman sitting next to me decided to start waving her hands around like there was a bomb about to explode. I turned to look at her and realised she was actually waving her hands at me. I pulled my headphones out and all she could say (well almost yell) was ‘Can you turn the volume down? They’re leaking!” Leaking?!?! What the hell is 'leaking' supposed to mean? I looked around me and saw that no, my head phones were not leaking they were merely up a little louder as I was in such a great mood, ‘was’ being the operative word here.
I grunted a ‘Sure, no worries’ to her as I sat there in absolute disgust. Was she serious? There’s a civil war happening, there’s people dying every 3 minutes of starvation and she wants me to turn my volume down?

It got me wondering, why are people on public transport so damn anal? I mean this woman obviously had a stick shoved....well she was obviously annoyed but I mean how dare she, she totally destroyed my buzz!

What if I was a tattooed up, 10 piercings on my body and black make up kinda gal, do you think she would have even thought about asking me to turn my i-pod down?
I think not.

Have you ever encountered an anal public transporter? Has someone destroyed your buzz by rudely asking you to do something that’s totally (not illegal) and in your nature to do?

Bella xx

P.S my A.K.A name, Girl Next Door will cease as of this blog. Readers of Thoughts, I'm Bella (the one who has been writing entertaining blog for you these past couple of months).

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

well i don't travel on public transport but i think that it is just plain rude to say something like that to a complete stranger! who cares if your ipods up a little bit louder than usual, it's not hurting anyone!! on a different note, why r u stopping using ur AKA?? i gathered u were bella as it says posted by bella and also i remember seeing u/ reading ur work in girlfriend lol.
georgie xx