CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 15 October 2007

How much is that puppy in the window?

I went into a pet shop over the weekend (I was 'called in') by the cutest puppy I had ever seen. It was truly love at first sight.
When I walked in with my boyfriend and his mate they knew that there was no turning back. Standing and looking at the pup from outside the shop is one thing, but going into hold her is quite a decision. The little Pomeranian X Maltese was just a bundle of fluff waiting to be swept into a good home. I wanted so bad to just smuggle her into my bag and run out of there, Bionic Woman style. But unfortunately my current state of home isn't appropriate for a growing pup. In fact I spoke to someone the other day who had just bought a puppy with her boyfriend. They live together in a house but still it was bit of hassle having a pup there. "We want to get rid of him," she said, "I'll make sure I find him a good home but I just can't handle having a puppy right now, my boyfriend and I both work full time and we have to leave him at home all day by himself. I'd rather he be amused all day with a loving family than keeping him with us just because we 'want a puppy'. It’s just not practical right now. Just quietly it's like having a child."

So there are alot of things to take into consideration before purchasing a pet. I mean you've got to think about food, bowls, and toys. There goes all my hard earned cash, not to mention the time you have to spend in toilet training and trick training. Puppy School is a definite must as well and right now I really don't have the time to commit to that quality time. Puppies need a lot of TLC and although I would be fully prepared to give up all my spare time to nurse him into a beautiful dog it’s just not practical. My apartment being on the second floor would cause complications in toilet training her and taking her out every hour.

Oh well at least I know what puppy I want now. Pomeranian X Maltese = so cute.

Wonder if life would be easier if I could just walk into Louis Vuitton and choose the most exxy dog carrier there, Jessica Simpson style? Then I could take her everywhere with me. Work would love that!
Although when I was working at Girlfriend someone bought in their kitten and she just ran round the office all day. It was so cool.

What about you? Do you have a pet? Do you find it hard to take them for walks during the week and is general looking after quite hard?

Girl Next Door x

P.S This is my official 100th Post!
Thanks to everyone who has been reading Thoughts and all of you subscribers! Very exciting indeed!

2 comments:

frangipani princess said...

i have a maltese x shitsu (sp?)x poodle named daisy and she is very cute but needs soo much care and sometimess you just dont feel like it....
georgie xx

Liv said...

Hi it's Liv again!
I also have a maltese shih-tzu who is now two years old. Bundy is sooo cute and was soo adorable as a puppy too but it was A LOT of work at the time- sleepless nights, not eating their food, chewing up things they shouldn't, lots of little "accidents", and so it goes on...
I now walk him every morning at 6:15 and again every second night. It's great exercise for the both of us!!
PS Check out my brand new baby blog- Stuck In Suburbia!