CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 11 October 2007

Picky, me? Never!

Being allergic to alot of today's modern convenience foods I find it hard to eat out. Any of my friends can vouch for me being one severely picky eater.
But it's not my fault, really, I'm allergic to:
• Wheat
• Cocoa - yes cocoa!!! I am allergic to chocolate! can you believe it?
• Honey
• Soy - commonly known as 'pretty good for you' but not really. This stuff is sooo evil! Especially soy milk! Stay away! Want proof of this? Think about every time you eat sushi and you smother your roll in soy sauce. Now think about how you feel after, what do you crave? Sugar? Lollies? Chocolate perhaps? Yep, I thought so.
• Dairy
• The colour Yellow, yes no yellow jellies for moi.

As you can see it’s all about the gluten/wheat/soy free food for me. But before you get the violin out, I have to let you in on a little secret… it really isn’t that hard.
I’ll admit to you that before I found out I was allergic to everything I was a full-on wheat addict. No joke, I loved pizza, pasta, soy capps, chocolate, yellow lollies (esp. pineapples), cakes and biscuits. But I started to realise how ill I felt after I had consumed any of the above.

After having one too many soy capps one day and an innocent wrap for lunch I had hit rock bottom. I had to stop. So from that day on I cut down on all wheat, soy and chocolate and you know what? I actually felt OK, you could even go as far as saying that I felt good. I felt good about my body and who I was.

Then I discovered some cool places that I could go to eat where I could actually eat the food. I didn’t have to sit there anymore and watch my friends gorge themselves on food I couldn’t eat. Want to know what these places are? OK:

1. My local sushi train – local to work, in HOYTS on George St is Sushi Train. Trust me you haven’t eaten sushi til you’ve tried this stuff, minus the soy sauce of course!!
2. Macro Wholefoods – supermarket yes, but a lot of these have a cafĂ© attached to them. Talk about amazing! And most things are organic!
3. IKU – Another wholefoods (organic) place, but take away! Yay I can now get take away for lunch at work!

Are you a fan of healthy food chains? And I don’t mean Subway. NEWSFLASH: Subway is SO not good for you.
If you are a fan let me know what you like and don’t like and if you’re allergic to anything.

So you see I’m not really that fussy...just allergic!

Did I mention I only eat organic meat and chicken?

Girl Next Door x

P.S the latest addition to the Macro family, Macro Wholefoods @ Mona Vale will be opening Tuesday 30th of October!

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

i'm not allergic to any foods but i am a seriously picky eater. i'm an ex vego, but i still only eat chicken, sausages and mince so going out to dinner with me can be difficult. i can't stand seafood in any way shape or form, and i only like some vegetables. I haven't tried any 'healthy'food chains, i am a huge fan of subway though. i'm sad to learn that its not that healthy. You have an excuse for being fussy, my only excuse is.... well i don't really have one.
georgie xx