CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 12 April 2007

Hackers Beware


My sister has one, my brother has one, my boyfriend has one, Nicole Richie has one, I have one - even Kyle and Jackie O have one!!
What do all these individuals have in common?
MYSPACE!
My question is? Myspace a phenomenon - No? Yes, I do think so!
It has given many lonely desperates a voice and many kids/teens and 20-something-year-olds a chance to show the world who they are - soft copy style.
With slide shows, bulletins, the chance to tell the world what your age, sex, marital status AND children situation/opinion is in one place; this site has truly taken on a life/world of it's own. I mean OK here is one pretty extreme case, but this happened before I even had a myspace. I was poking around with my bestie Phoebe when we came across this chick's 'space'. Never seen her before in my life, never knew anything about her, but Feebs and I found ourselves becoming very interested in her life. Her boyfriend was fugly, she wasn't so unfortunate looking and her friends pics weren't as exciting as my current slide show - ooh we also noticed that, that particular day was her birthday. Anyways, that night we just happened to be at The Wharf Bar in Manly when low and behold - there she was. Standing with her fugly boyfriend and her not-so-different friends having drinks (obviously for her birthday). This kind of freaked me out. I mean we knew her. Knew EVERYTHING about her just from stalking her myspace. WHAT.THE.HELL.
Needless to say two weeks later I was hooked on this 'new world' everyone was being exposed to, except for me. So I jumped on the band wagon and set one up.
Now someone has been hacking into it and posting random (and very compromrising) bulletins and comments on my friend's space's. Let me take the time now to apologise for these vulgar comments.
SO fellow my-spacers just beware, as this 'world' that is so very now, wil be so very not now if we all don't watch out for eachother. Set your profile to 'private' and only accept friend requests from people who are actually your friends.
Over and Out...

Girl Next Door xx

P.S I think my dog Mopsy is due for a 'space'!

0 comments: