CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 21 November 2007

My love of writing

We all know how much I LOVE writing and how much I love learning new ways to improve my writing! The other night I went in search of a course that showed me just that. I searched far and wide and found a hell of a lot of courses - journalism courses, communications courses which I would LOVE to do but they’re all either full time (a no-go coz of work) or part time but on during the day (So not fair)! SO I typed ‘online writing courses’ into Google and up popped an informative site called mediabistro.com. It turns out these guys recruit and do a range of courses ONLINE(they're based in New York)! I had a look through and there it was staring staright back at me like a freshly opened perfume bottle….beauty writing and editing. I had found my calling.

Naturally I applied and as they say the rest is history. I’m half way through my first week and am loving it! It’s pretty amazing being in a ‘classroom’ with girls all over the world who are as passionate about writing as you are.

Anyway the point of my story is that I have completed my first homework task for the course and I wanted to share it with you and see what you thought of it. The idea was to come up with a story based on blue make-up for a July issue of a women's magazine, i.e Glamour or Allure. You know what to do. All opinions welcome!

Return of the Ice Queen

Bring out your inner Snow Queen with this season’s hottest trend. Ice eyes….

We know what you’re thinking, but no, it’s not hard to pull off this look. You’ve just got to know what to use and where to use it. First, say buh-bye to sweet pastels and he-llo to striking blues, shades as blue as the Antarctic Ocean.
Basecoat your eyelids with a light layer of shadow, try Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Glimpse in Antique Pearl ($13), this will keep the finished colour vibrant and fresh. To open up your eyes and bring out the Goddess in you, sweep with a light dusting of pale blue shadow try Laura Mercier Eye Colour Quad in Blue Sky ($38). Repeat with the cobalt blue shimmer, you can do as many splashing’s as you like (just don’t go too overboard). To finish, draw a light line along your lashes with a silver/shimmery eyeliner, we like Stila Convertible Eye Colour in Onyx ($20). Voila! Instant come-hither looks!

Girl Next Door x

2 comments:

Liv said...

Wow! That piece makes ME, a brown-eyed girl dedicated to her bronze-hued eyeshadows, want to break out and try blue eyes. I think we can safely say, mission accomplished! A+!
Love Bubblygirl
Hmmm, maybe I should consider a writing course...

frangipani princess said...

wow! that was awesome! you are such a great writer!! anyway feel free to stop by my blog anytime,
gg xx
www.frangipaniprincess.blogspot.com