CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday 2 March 2008

My - how time flys!?!?!?

It seems like only yesterday that I was counting down the days til summer. Now as I sit here on a lazy Sunday morning all I can see are the dark, grey clouds that lure over the Northern Beaches. But, wait a minute this all sounds a little too familiar.....

I don't know how you guys feel about the whole summer-was-here-for-half-a-minute thing but I feel really ripped off. Not only did my summer holiday get rained out (and I was in Queensland!) but when I returned from my summer holiday I received 2 days out of the WHOLE entire 'summer' where I actually sat on a beach. Those days happened to be last Saturday and Sunday....and now it's Autumn......so not fair! What a poor effort!


The summer I dream't of........

One of my friends was also complaining to me about the fact that she'd been shopping everywhere at lunchtime (and we work in the centre of the city - 2 minutes walk from Pitt St Mall) she'd found nothing, nada, not a thing to buy and she was willing to spend up to $300 on a dress for her weekend night out. We came to the conclusion that this is because right now, in store it's 'in-between seasons' which basically means that they're not selling any summer stock anymore (it's either been sent back to their head office's or still on the $20 sale rack - which only has really big/really small sizes left on it) winter is 3 months away and they're too busy preparing for that.......Preparing...uummm to be honest I feel like I've been preparing for winter the entire summer!


.............The summer I got

All I want to know is what happened? Why were we so jipped on our summer in Sydney and Queensland? Even Melbourne was hotter!

If anyone can point me into the direction of why this is, please leave me a comment or send me an email at thoughts@live.com.au


Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xoxoxoxo

0 comments: