CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 19 March 2008

I told you she’s amazing!

Samantha Wills - that is. Remember that ring I fell in love with? Well, Miss Wills found my blog, contacted me herself to thank me for writing about her and her jewellery line. Do you wanna have a guess what she sent me? If you’re thinking of the TDF Ballara (peacock) ring, then you’re right! Lucky thing, I am!

Wills, 26, will be shooting her latest campaign for her Red Carpet Collection in New York at the end of the month courtesy of Revlon. And as if her jewellery line wasn’t keeping her busy enough the leggy local will be the new female reporter for The Footy Show, one of her first on-air activities will involve making over some of the footy players we know and love. Move over Lara Bingle, Wills is also the new face of Tourism NSW. With this rising star heading up, up and away Thoughts caught up with her to see how she’s coping with all this exposure.

T: The Footy Show, your new collection shoot taking place in New York (courtesy of Revlon) and the new face of Tourism NSW - phew! How are you coping with all the exciting opportunities you have coming up? Do you still have time to relax and just be you?

SW: It is a very exciting time for both myself and the company at the moment. All these opportunities have been presented at once and I couldn't do them all without the support of my amazing team. There is not a lot of time to relax at the moment (I am answering these questions whilst eating dinner in my hotel room in L.A before I have to head out again for another meeting!) however I love to be busy, so I wouldn't want it any other way!

T: What are you looking forward to the most?

SW: I am looking forward to it all! The Footy Show is exciting as I love to do unscripted TV! The Revlon opportunity is being shot in New York - I've never been to New York so this will be an exciting adventure which I am really looking forward to and the Tourism NSW opportunity is something I am very proud to be a part of, as I am extremely proud to be from NSW and it is an honour to endorse the state.

T: Do you find you have enough hours in the day to do everything?



SW: No!! That is why I have an amazing team around me. I couldn't do what I do without them! T: Did you ever imagine 5 years ago you'd be where you are today? SW: Not in a million years! If you asked me that question yesterday I still wouldn't believe it!! Everyday I pinch myself - I am living beyond my dreams & enjoying every moment of it!

T: What do you do to relax and chill out?

SW: When I do have time to relax, I love to just hang out with my boyfriend & friends. I love going to the beach and just reading a book or catching a movie. Sounds pretty boring, but when I am on the go for the majority of the week, doing absolutely nothing when I am able to is bliss!

T: What's next for Samantha Wills?

SW: Well, for the label, we are about to release our spring/summer collection for Australian Fashion Week. I am also over in the US at the moment showing the collection over here. For me, I am pretty busy over the next couple of months with my commitments listed above as well as growing the label in an international market, who knows what else the universe will bring - if it’s anything else like it’s brought in the last 6 months, I say, bring it on!!


Peace Out,
Girl Next Door xoxo

0 comments: