CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 31 March 2008

Festival fever is no more

Sydney put to bed one of their favourite seasons on Saturday - festival season. No longer will Oxford St (and the rest of the city) have swarms of people swimming out of the gates and into the pubs, the streets will be quiet and back to the normal drinking ways of the locals and the many backpackers. But don't think that for one minute that V Festival was anything like the rumours spread for last year's event. Oh no. There was so much organisation it was ridiculous. The crowds were so....normal and nice. The vibe was nice, inviting - one girl I spoke to who was visiting from California, USA said, "The vibe at this festival is so laid back and nice - is that possible at a festival? I don't know how i t can be but it totally is."



The acts (most of them) all lived up to their hype - Modest Mouse rocked out the beginning of the afternoon and got the crowd going, closely followed by Cut Copy........ad well, hhhmmm how do I put this nicely? They sucked. I was psyched to see them and I had been counting down the acts to them all day, only to be disappointed by them. Their sound was really soft - like not loud enough and they just couldn't get the crowd into it. Even when they played my fave song Time Stands Still, I was forcing myself to get into it - that's just not cool, I left after only 4 songs - yep that's 20 minutes into their 60 minute set.

Amy and myself getting into festival gear! (above)


The next act I saw was Duran Duran and I LOVED them! They really got the crowd going and I mean really! They did a close up shot on one of these chicks standing in the crowd - you know how they show you on the big screen, well she lifted her top up - saw it ALL! Then another chick was dancing sexily - just hilarious! The lead singer was a definite crowd pleaser chatting to the crowd and endorsing girls who want to lift their tops up; pfft don't try that one at home guys - actually don't try it anywhere!

Marco & Sal - enjoying The Presets! (above)

To finish out the night was The Presets, having seen these guys once before one lovely Sunday afternoon on a boat (long story) I knew they'd be great. What I didn't know was that they would be AWESOME! Check out my psychedelic pic below!


And judging from the looks on mine and my friends faces (above) we had a pretty amazing time. All I wanted was the season to go out with a bang and it surely did. Til next time festivals......


Peace Out,


Girl Next Door xoxox

P.S What festivals did you go to this year? Leave me a a comment and let me know what you enjoyed or didn't enjoy, what you thought could have been a bit better - any comments would be lovely fellow festival lovers!






1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

haha modest mouse... they were on the oc...

Anyways glad you had fun at all the festivals this year!!

gg xx