CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 4 March 2008

Do you have HCE (Hair Colour Envy)?

Something happened to me over the weekend; I decided I wanted a change.
Not just any change - I decided on my way to my hair appointment that I was going to go a shade darker. As you can see from my profile pic on the right, my usual hair colour is bright blonde. I’ve always been a fan of a Jessica Simpson/Nicole Richie blonde, in fact when I showed my hair dresser the pic that I wanted her to match (a dark blonde with copper highlights) she nearly fell over backwards.
As we were going through the colours together and she slowly but surely we were moving away from the lighter yellow-ish blondes and more into the strawberry, sunkissed blondes I was getting a little excited/scared/doubtful all at the same time. Usually with this much of a drastic change I’d swip and swap the colours to end up matching the colour I begun with. But I stopped those thoughts as soon as they entered my head and changed them to ‘You know what? It’s time for a change, I’m finishing up my job this week, it's a new chapter to my life - so stuff it.'
Change is definitely a good thing at this point in my life.

After waiting the average 2 hours to walk out of the salon with my colour I was surprisingly happy. I didn’t call my boyfriend the minute I stepped outside to cry my eyes out to him but instead rocked up to his friends house and shimmied on in with the confidence of Paris Hilton dancing on a table top at Hyde Nightclub to see if him and his friend noticed anything different about me. ‘You look really tired’, said his friend.....not exactly the reaction I was hoping for. ‘Hot stuff babe, nice hair’ Boyfriend said (he always knows what to say when I arrive back from the hairdressers, good boy he is), ‘Really - you think?’ I replied as I flicked, adjusted, and checked my new locks out in the closest window. To put it bluntly I was loving the new look. That was Saturday exactly 2.5 days ago.


Nic and Paris - lovely and blonde.....

How do I feel today about the new look, I hear you ask? Well, here's the thing; every time I see a pic of me on Facebook with my blonde locks, everytime I see that pic down the side of my blog of Jessica Simpson, everytime I see Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton or any other blondes on the streets I get Hair Colour Envy (HCE).


Miss Sienna - Another blonde I have HCE of.....

Has anyone else ever got HCE when they’ve swapped hair colours? Or is it just me?
I know at least one of you share my pain!

Peace Out,
Girl Next Door xoxox

P.S Pics of new hair colour to come next week. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

frangipani princess said...

I have never dyed my hair, so I haven't had the kind of HCE you're talking about but I do often look at my friends/celebs/randoms on the street and want their hair colour over my dull coppery brown...

gg xx

Anonymous said...

Finishing your job? Where are you off to now?

Bella said...

No plans as of yet, I will be living the life of leisure for a week (at least) and then doing a bit of freelancing and waiting for the right job to come up. Thanks for reading. Bella x