CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 27 August 2007

Kath & Kim - entertainiment or just plain annoying?


What a warm Winter's day it is today!
With only 5 days left of Winter (including today) the countdown is on!
5 sleeps!!! til Spring!!
Doesn't time fly?

My boyfriend and I were watching Kath & Kim last night. I was sooo excited to come home and watch it after a rather busy weekend...and it was, well kinda boring. It's not that funny anymore...I was literally wetting myself on Christmas Day last year when I was watching the Christmas special with my fam. But this series....What a letdown!
The characters Trude and Prue are just a scream usually and last night they were alomost annoying. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Kath & Kim and some bits do still make me chuckle, but what's with this series? Is it the ad breaks that break up the funny-ness of it all? Is it Channel 7's influence? Can someone please explain?!?
Do you think Kath & Kim have lost their buzz?

Another subject I wanted to touch on for my fellow blogger Liv. You may remember a little while ago I wrote up a blog for her on Dating 101.
This is what she wrote to me today.
I broke up with the boy! *sniff sniff* I broke up with him because he was really horible to me and wanted to change me, but now everything is really awkward between us at school coz we hang out in the same group so now our friends have like split in half - half with me and half with him. Please help me, I don't know how to deal with the whole situation. I want to keep all my friends together, and and stop the whole of Year 10 from their endless gossiping about us!!
Please help me Bella!!
Love Liv


Liv!
The classic situation of what happens when you date boys in your grade...particularly at your school and it gets in the middle of your friendships. First of all girlfriend you need to forget about your so called 'friends' who have split away from you. True friends stick by you, no. Matter. What. No matter if you broke their fave heels or forgot their birthday. These things happen. But when a friend chooses someone else over you, you know they are not really your friends. I really don;t think you've anything to worry about babe. if you think about it they've actually done you a favour. You can stop putting effort into people who don't appreciate you for you. You deserve better than these 'friends' of yours. And that boy wanting to change you - what is that about? I thought guys were supposed to like you for you? You should never have to change for anybody (unless it's something like giving up smoking, or a bad habit).
Next time though I'd date someone out of school and boys who are older (not too much) by just 1 or 2 years are much more mature than annoying boys in your own grade.
Hope this helps,

Girl Next Door xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bella,
Thank you so much for the advice- a lot of your comments were exactly the sort of thing my bestest friends were saying to me, so you all must know what you are talking about!
I'm moving on though- life's too short to waste time on nasty boys and fairweather friends, so I'll definitely save my time and energy for those people who I really love and who love me for who I am- no matter what!!

Thank you for the great advice that only a girl who has already been through this rubbish can give!!

Love always,
Liv

Toongen said...

kath n kim is nt as good i agree.. i thnk its channell 7 bcoz abc has the best comedies includin k&k wen ti was thr.. so either gina n jane hav lost their touch(i doubt it!!) or channell 7 is ruining them!!

well i just watch idol now eniwayz..
xoxo.. toongen..