CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 28 September 2007

The Glorious Grand Final

Just in case you didn't know...the NRL grand final is on this Sunday! And coz I live in The Northern Beaches and most days of the week I go for a morning jog, I like to pick up the paper on my way back into my apartment.

The Manly Daily has managed to have something everyday, that's right everyday this week featured on The Sea Eagles or should I say The Mighty Sea Eagles. Now, don't get me wrong I am totally getting into the spirit of grand finals but everyday, come on, it gets a bit overkill. So when I picked up the paper this morning and made my morning smoothie, flipped to the front page and saw that fine specimen of a man, Brett Stewart looking back at me (for the 5th time this week) I couldn't help but feel a little over it. Then I turned to page two. More footy supporters. Page 3, more footy. Page 4, more supporters this time Sarah Murdoch. WHOA! Hold it, Sarah Murdoch? The face of Bonds is wearing the maroon and white colours that I have been staring at for the past 3 minutes. This got me thinking, if Sarah Murdoch is getting into the whole mighty footy thing then why can't I?

When I spoke to my boyfriend about 15 minutes ago and he told me he'd bought a maroon ribbon to hang off his car (you know in the whole spirit of things) it made me realise that getting into the spirit of things is actually kinda fun. And you know what? Now that I think about it I am so looking forward to watching the grand final in the atmosphere of it all. But I guess I should put it out there that at this point in time The Sea Eagles are on $2.50 to win and The Melbourne Storms are on $1.50..

GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think I'm being a little overkill?

Have a great long weekend!

Love Girl Next Door xx

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

hmm well i'm all for getting into the spirit of things but seriously, the 'mighty' sea eagles??? Go st george!! even though we didn't make the grand final this year.....
go storm!!!!
georgie xoxo