CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 18 September 2007

I (don't) heart America

Is anyone else over America Ferrera?
Her TV show Ugly Betty has been a total flop with my friends and considering most of my friends are in the mag industry, isn't that saying something?

We all LOVED The Devil Wears Prada with a capital L! We could all watch it til the cows come home. But the minute Ugly Betty came into our Sunday night viewing pleasure...well I guess you can put two and two together and see that it wasn't exact pleasure that took place when we watched the first episode.

The Ugly is the new Beautiful slogan that has been plastered into everyone's mind and don't get me wrong I FULLY agree and support it, but the show is just a bit too sad and trys waaay too hard to be Devil when it just ain't....show of hands to who agrees?

Glad I got that off my chest!

Girl next Door x

P.S Tomorrow I'll answer one of your many questinos to me. Keep them coming through!

2 comments:

frangipani princess said...

I totally love Ugly Betty. Yes, it's not as good as The Devil Wears Prada but it is still great! It's funny and the 'ugly is the new beautiful' slogan is so clever and true.
georgie xoxo

Toongen said...

i LUUURRRRV ugly betty.. havnt seen devil wears prada so i cnat compare but i can still voice myt opinion.. UGLY BETTY IS A TOTALLY RAD SHOW!!

xoxo.. toongen..