CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 4 September 2007

The 411 on friends - Can you really hang out with a different group? Hint: Yes you can!


Dear Girl Next Door,
I have a main group of besties but then there's this girl Maddy, who I used to be besties with. Today my friends & I were at a netball game together and I started chatting to Maddy again for the first time in almost a year. She understood me so much more that my other friends. My current group of friends don’t like her though and I’m scared that they'll think I’m weird if I hang out with her. I want to but I don’t want my friends to be angry at me?
Georgie, 15


Well Georgie, friends of mine get upset with me if I even think about going out with anyone else on the weekend! No joke they’ll be pissed at me for the next week, if I mention I want to catch up with someone else! It really annoys me when I choose to do something else, or hang out with some of my other friends on the weekend, that they just can’t handle it. They get all protective of me thinking that I’m going to like them less or become ‘better’ friends with this other group. Most days when I get this annoyed I find myself thinking, Why is it such a crime to want to do what I want to do?
Same goes for you and Maddy – if you get along with her and like spending time with her – then go for it! No one can tell you what to do with your time or tell you who you can and can’t be friends with. If your friends have a problem with that send them my way!

Til next time,

Girl next Door xx

P.S Don’t forget you can email me with your probs!

P.P.S Thanks ACP Magazines for the pic!

4 comments:

frangipani princess said...

thanks for your help bella! it'd really appreciated. Btw, i'm 13 not 15 lol. i think my friends (after a bit of explaining) now get that i will still hang out with them and won't hate them just coz i'm talking to maddy. i go to a youth group on friday nights and i hang out with maddy there. now i can hang out with everyone and everyone stays happy!! thanks for your help!!
georgie xoxo

Bella said...

Sorry Georgie. Was sure you were 15!
Glad it helped
xx

Toongen said...

so u R frends wit maddison now!! charli told me u were.. its ok i wont hate you!! lucky for me,, who duznt like maddusin much,, is shit scared of the library where she hangs out!! seriously ive onli been thr a few times out of lessons..
but i still luv u!! hey i still luv charli after evrithin she dun to em n the ppl she hangs out with..
xoxo.. toongen..
p.s bella tihs was basically to georgie coz she is one of my besties n i anted to say this while it was still in my head..

Toongen said...

also u BETTER stll hang out with us!! i dont think i could stand wit @ of my bffs hangin out wit utha ppl..