CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 8 January 2008

What I learn’t in 2007

It may have passed us by in the blink of an eye (no rhyme intended) but 2007 was definitely a year I learn’t a hell of alot. I did complete 3 feature writing courses and learn’t about my writing style and how clear, concise copy should be written. How to grab my reader’s attention in the first sentence, which, hopefully I grasped onto with flying colours and you’re currently still reading this post.

Lesson number one: Being happy is the most important thing in life. If you’re not happy then where does that leave you? Unhappy, which then leads to depressed, unmotivated and uninspired. These things are a major part of my life and affect how I act as a person, how I think, how I interact with people and the situations I find myself in. When I decided I needed a change and left my dream magazine job I made a hop, skip and a jump into the radio corner of the media arena, once there though, I found out what unhappy was. Coming home most days of the week, upset and angry, it took me 3 months to realise the pain I was feeling was actually not normal. It had to end just as soon as it had begun. So I gave my week’s notice and was outta there before you could say ‘Next!’. Then, out of the blue I landed a job back in the magazine arena - coincidence? I think not!

Lesson number two: It’s OK to step out of your comfort zone. Waking up, going to work, having lunch, coming home, having dinner, going to sleep and then it happens all over again. The same routine everyday……. But who’s saying it has to be the same routine everyday? There’s no bible with my life planned out, each chapter mapping out every, single day of my life. I can take charge of any situation and do whatever I want! If I want to live overseas I will! If I want to eat that chocolate bar I will! If I want those Bettina Liano jeans then I’ll damn-well have them!

Lesson number three: It’s OK to trust someone even if you don’t understand them. Trying to decipher every problem I have (and everyone else’s) gets me wondering (as you know). I worry about everyone I know and love, especially my family and if they’re upset I am upset x 10,000. I’m sure this is the same for everyone, I try to understand situations even if they don’t involve me. But, sometimes it’s best just to let the people involved trust their instincts and work it out for themselves.

So, I guess all these lessons make me a little wiser for 2008?

2008 will be a year of many more lessons learn't I can feel it in my bones! Do you think everyone learns new things each year?
What do you think Britney learn’t?
Definitely not to look after her kids or herself, that’s for sure. But I have faith and feel that she will pull herself together this year, learning from her mistakes. What about The Spice Girls? They learn’t that friendship really does never end and no matter what happened in the past you can always amend any broken bonds with a zig-a-zig-ahh!

Here's to a year of lessons learn't and shared!
Girl Next Door x

P.S Drop me a line and let me know what lessons you learn't in 2007? Maybe you taught someone you know a lesson they'll never forget? I'd love to hear from you!

0 comments: