CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Just another day in paradise....

High-rise buildings overlooking half-mile beaches with more palm trees than 'NO VACANCY' signs, sand as white as coconut cream and nothing to think about but what I’m going to have for dinner. Sounds like a recipe for an amazing week away, but why is it that even the simplest of holidays are put to the test?

I am currently sitting on the balcony of the apartment that my boyfriend and I have worked our entire year to get to. Down below me is a very enticing pool and spa that I have used all of once in the week I’ve been here. It seems that as soon as I jetted away from my sunny, calm, beachside town I call home in Sydney that’s exactly where I left the sun, the calm beaches – and the perfect temp.
Arriving at The Gold Coast Airport I was greeted with a fresh spray of rain, it passed before I could get upset but as soon as I was on my transferring bus the rain was back in full-force (did I mention there were gale forced winds? No?), but alas my dreams of sunburn’t skin and long days spent washing away the sand from my feet were shattered, “Seems you’ve all flown right into a cyclone,” said the bus driver. And let me tell you he was not wrong.

I know it’s really bad to let weather affect my moods for my holiday - the one that I’d worked so hard to get to but it’s just such a downer. Especially when I know back at my beachside town there are beautiful 35^C days calling my name.
So, as I sit here on my balcony wondering what the rest of my week away is going to bring me (apart from soggy clothes and frizzy hair) and stare out into the cloudy sky that is slowly turning to a dark shade of grey I wonder (and start to realise) what exactly are the key ingredients for the perfect holiday? Is it in fact all to do with the weather? Do our moods effect how we spend our time and well if the weather’s crap, everything’s crap and let’s just hate the world coz it’s all crap? Or do the perfect ingredients start with whom you’re spending your time with? Does it really matter what you’re doing, where you are and what drink you’re holding in your hand? Well duh - Of course not!

It’s all about who you’re with!

Who makes you smile and wipes the tears from your eyes? I bet whoever just sprung to your mind has nothing to do with the weather…...

So if you’ll excuse me; it’s time for me to go back inside and make the most of who’s in there.

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xx

P.S Happy New Year Bloggettes. Don’t worry Thoughts will be bigger and better than ever in 2008 so stay tuned!

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

oh, thats so sad about your holiday! Hope it ended well. Hope Christmas/new year was good for you. Can't wait for thoughts in 08!

gg xx