CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 16 January 2008

Celebrity Baby Boom…….the new black?

The latest must-have accessory to hit the streets of Hollywood sounds a little something like this, ‘Goo-goo ga-ga, Mommy.’

Don’t worry I haven’t been admitted into rehab but have just realised how ‘cool’ it is right now to be pregnant and famous in Hollywood. I hate admitting this but I’m one of those people who watches my fave celebrities every move (I’m talking Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie, Jessica Alba), When I see a photo of them in a magazine and they’ve been to, let’s just say a music festival dressed in some hotted up attire I find myself picking out my outfit for Big Day Out and trying to match up my entire ensemble to one of the before mentioned celebs.
Nicole Richie has a Disney Couture Alice in Wonderland wrap around bracelet, so I wanted a Disney Couture Alice in Wonderland wrap around bracelet. Jessica Simpson’s clip-in Hairdo hair extensions? Yep, I’ve had two of them. And now it seems as if the whole of Hollywood have taken a leaf out of my book and copied eachother. First it was Nicole’s announcement of her pregnancy, then there was Christina’s not-so-public announcement of her pregnancy. Next up to the pedistool was Jessica Alba, Nicole Kidman and now Britney Spear’s younger sister Jamie-Lynn has joined the crowd. I think we have officially found the generation that would do anything because someone else did it first (i.e if a celebrity told you to jump off the Harbour Bridge, you probably would). Have celebrities just made it cool for us to be pregnant at 20-something? Not that it's a bad thing in any shape or form. If I do have children myself I would prefer it to be when I'm in my 20's. Do you think that celebrities try and set examples for their younger fans? Do you ever do something just because a celeb has done it first? Do celebrities really shape how we think and feel about a situation this big? Leave me a commment and let me know your thoughts!

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xox

P.S Picture (right) of Jessica Alba is hardly a bump but first emerging pictures (she's due in April).

P.P.S My Congrats go out to Nicole Richie and Joel Madden for the birth of their baby girl, named Harlow Winter and Christina Aguilera and her hubby Jordan Bratman for the birth of their baby son, named Max Liron Bratman - Liron is Hebrew for 'my song' (typical) or 'my joy' (don't even try and act suprised!). Once again the celebs have made us gag in the naming of their children. I guess we should just be glad there's no Banana's in there? Way too many a's and n's in that one ; )

2 comments:

frangipani princess said...

Celebrities seem to follow each other but I dunno if the whole pregnancy thing was like that. It's good to see them having kids (well not in Jamie-Lynn's case- way too young) and in some cases (nicole richie please stand up) it might help them to mature. Alot of celebrities try to set an example for younger fans but in my opinion, others don't even think about their fans. Sometimes if i see and like something a celeb is wearing I might want it but if every celeb was jumping off the harbour bridge (using ur example) I wouldn't. Celebrities have a major impact on our lives and I'm sure theres women out there who see their fave celeb get pregnant/ married/ use drugs and then feel the urge to do it. They can't be in the public eye and not influence us. Great post btw...

gg xx

Toongen said...

ya never kno, gwen could name her kid bananas
Who's book is this??
It's Banana's B-A-N-A-N-A-S..

well i thought it was funny.. also there is absolutly no problem with having children in your twenties, it is now that womenare having children later in life despite this baby boom.. my mother had 4 hcildren by the time she turned 28.. then another 3 in her thirties..

xoxo.. toongen..