CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 30 January 2008

The biggest day of my year……so far

Before I begin I have to tell you that I am still getting over this massive day! Luckily the next one is (app.) 365 days away!

I’ll take you through the motions and hopefully get you as excited as I was from start to finish.

Thursday afternoon: Jumped out the office and skipped all the way to the bus stop singing along to any possible band that could be playing the following day. Grinspoon, Rage Against the Machine, Faker, Uncle were blasting out of my I-pod like I hadn’t heard them in years.
I pounced into my lounge room just as my boyfriend had started to compile the CD for our bus ride into Homebush. After dancing round the lounge room for about 2 hours I decided it was time to get my outfit together and eat something – get some good nutrients for the day ahead.

Thursday night: as I lay in bed tossing and turning for most of the night I was finding it really hard to sleep. It was a very still and humid night but all I could think about was the morning. When it finally was morning I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I made it through the night and it was time to party and boogie on down to my favourite bands. Big time.

Friday morning: Another long trip to the BDO – not because Homebush is a long way from the Northern Beaches, but because our bus didn’t seem to like us and broke down half way there (see below pic). After waiting an hour and a half for another one to turn up; we were on our way!



Faker was blasting through the main stage as we rocked up. And let me tell you it was definitely worth the 4 months, long night sleep and broken down bus ride wait. They rocked out the stage and before I could text ‘wher r u’ to my boyfriend the next band was on its way.



Most of the day was spent walking round trying to find people (which is one of the downers of going somewhere like BDO) coz when you try and find someone it’s usually when your fave band is playing! Doh!

Friday afternoon: Grinspoon were by far the BEST performance of the day (nothing short of their usual performances.) Utterly amazing. Phil was doing his thing and getting the crowd going with one hit after the next, Hard Act To Follow, Sweet As Sugar – OMG I could listen to Grinspoon all day! They were shortly followed by Hilltop Hoods and then the next act I saw was Rage Against The Machine – the last act and one of the best. By this time the stadium was full of people rocking out to the sounds of this once in a lifetime opportunity!

All in all a really fun day – it wasn’t my faveourite Big Day Out but was still up there! The only let down was when we found out that Bjork – (who is that chick anyways?) had pulled out at the very last minute. Such bad form, if you ask me. As a result of this the other acts were switched round and we didn’t really know when what band was on.

Phew!

Did I mention I’ve got Good Vibes in a couple of weeks? Festival season is officially on!

Peace out,

Girl Next Door xox

3 comments:

frangipani princess said...

ooh sounds like so much fun!! bus breaking down is a bit of a bummer though... whoop! festival season...

gg xx

Liv said...

hey sounds amaaaaaazing!!
i have to ask, where did you get your headband? It is adorable!

love Liv

Bella said...

Thanks Liv! I went searching round teh whoel of Sydney for that headband. It's from Diva, $8.95! I love it too! Bella xx