CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 12 December 2007

When following your dreams means leaving everything you love behind….

We all know I love to do a bit of thinking. My 45-75 minute bus ride every morning and afternoon forces me to do this. The thought of change strikes my mind from time to time. In the past I have been known to leave the house absolutely ready for another day and by the time I arrive at work have actually talked myself out of working at that particular place; resigning 40 minutes into my day.
It’s not that the thought hadn’t crossed my mind every other day; it’s just that for some reason that particular bus ride made me realise that ‘today was the day’. Phrases and clichĂ©s were floating through my mind like bees on speed; ‘life’s too short to be unhappy’, ‘you only live once’….blah, blah, blah.

I never thought that someone else in the world would actually be having the same thoughts that I did. I opened up The Daily Tele this morning and on page 41 (the front page of the Sydney Confidential) I am told that MTV presenter Ms Lyndsey Rodrigues has made the big, fat move to the Big Apple (yes that’s New York) and totally taken her career to the next level. She’s hosting Total Request Live where she has already interviewed Will Smith (earlier today), Simple Plan and Wyclef Jean (not too sure of who he is) do you know how many viewers see that show every day, Oh only 93 million! Uummm can anyone say ‘Cool’! I remember when this chick first began on MTV, I was working at Girlfriend, and our entertainment editor Bec was interviewing her in the office. She was a total stunner and just had that ‘famous look’ about her, but no one had any idea who she was. Now she’s halfway around the world having just replaced Vanessa Minnillo (currently dating Nick Lachey). I mean WOW that is very cool indeed.

But as cool as it all seems - the glitz, the glamour, the early starts and the late nights….is it all worth it? Is a move for the sake of your career at all worth leaving everything you know and love behind? That’s the question that a lot of you will face in your life. It all sounds pretty straight forward and simple, but that one question is the hardest that you will ever have to answer.

Just so you know Lyndsey’s boyfriend is joining her in the U.S early next year. But what about her friends, her besties will be lost without her? Her family will miss her so much.

Can you see what I'm getting at with what my 'thoughts' were?

So you’ve got some homework for me tonight; what would you do? What would help you in determining the decision of a lifetime?

Girl Next Door xox

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!
I'd rather pursue my dreams and fail, than never pursue them and wonder 'what if?"

frangipani princess said...

anonymous is right, i would definately rather try and fail then spend my life wondering 'how might my life have been if i'd just done that'. If you love something, go for it. Never let anything push you down. Never let an opportunity pass...
gg xx

Liv said...

frangi is totally right, life is waaaaaay too short to let opportunities pass you by, like moving to the coolest city in the world to work on a show that is watched by a total viewership that on average is roughly three times the total population of Australia!!
At the end of the day, you have to make the decision that is going to be the best for you long-term, weigh the pros and cons, and if it isn't going to make you happy or help you on your life path, it just isn't worth the stresses.
Reach for the stars!
BTW great post today! "...like bees on speed"- love it! Fabulous writing!

Bella said...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts... I really appreciate it! I will definitely take all that on board if the opportunity of a lifetime ever does come up!
Thanks for reading!
bxx

Anonymous said...

Wycleaf Jean is from the band, the Fugees which also had Lauryn Hill-Marley in it.