CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday 9 February 2008

Feelings of love......

You know the head-over-heels kind that you would pay any amount for, the kind that you would risk your life for? No, I’m not referring to that kind of love – get your mind out of the gutter!
I’m referring to the kind of love that oneself feels when they enter a store and find the most amazing piece of jewellery/clothing possible; and for a split second you find yourself wondering, ‘How in the world did I ever live without this piece of jewellery/clothing?’ The piece of jewellery I found today is one of these, I know I won’t be able to get through the remainder of my life without it.

A gorgeous peacock ring was staring straight back at me from the counter of a store in Harbord, I was innocently just standing there waiting for my friend to parade out in her next try-on (for which we searched far and wide for, and yes, we did eventually end up finding the perfect dress –thanks for asking). I picked up the ring and didn’t want to let it go. When I saw the price tag I was a little



The ring that I am lusting over

disappointed ($59, but only $50 on the website) but after trying it on and staring at it for a further 10 minutes I realised that it was worth every cent. Remembering that I had only come out to help my friend find the perfect outfit - for herself (and the fact that I didn’t have a cent to my name) I took it upon myself to finish drooling over this ring on the other side of the room. I knew if I stayed round for too long I’d be tempted to lay-by it (I've been known to lay-by pretty much anything I take the slightest liking to, which ends up being alot of lay-bys).
Whilst I was getting acquainted with my ring the shop assistant told me about the designer Samantha Wills, an Aussie, hailing from Sydney's North Coast, former radio DJ (for Star FM) and model who does her fair share of the social circuit in Sydney, phew this is one busy business woman. Her jewellery designs have attracted many famous faces including Nicole Richie. When Richie was out here for the MTV Awards she purchased a ring from her collection and wore it on Oprah. The world was introduced to this Australian designer.


Wills modelling pieces from her Summer 07/08 collection

Everything in this chick’s collection is TDF*! I suggest you check it out by clicking here. Just remember who gave you the heads up!
If you happen to be my boyfriend, well, it just happens to be Valentine’s Day on Thursday......*winks and batts her eyelids*
Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xox

*To Die For

0 comments: