CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 26 February 2008

And the nominations for best dressed are.........

Just coz I know you haven’t read/heard enough about The Academy Awards over the past few days I bring you my recollection of the event.

As I sat on my bed with my pen and paper at 8.30pm last night I couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like to be Richard Wilkinson! Every year he's up there with the stars (and the other 98655 press) interviewing them and chatting to them about their dresses/tuxedos and asking them how they got ready for Hollywood’s night of nights!
Just for the record though, I would ask a few different questions, you know throw some novelty questions in there - just for fun! Like; Who do you think will win The Oscar for best director? Who do you think will party the hardest at the official after party (which over 1500 A-list celebs attend each year)? Who do you think will stray from their wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/fiancé tonight and tongue wag with another celeb?
Being apart of Hollywood’s elite and most fabulous who do you think is the biggest player out of the men (cough-George Clooney-cough) and the women (cough-Charlize Theron-cough)?
I bet Channel 9’s ratings would sky-rocket if I was their entertainment presenter – hell I could start my own E! news - what do you think?

Back to the red carpet. One of the stand outs for me last night was Miss Cameron Diaz, she had the complete package (apart from the half done hair, but let’s face it she pulled it off), the dress and accessories were down right amazing! The dress fell so sweetly on her and the ballet pink colour was a breath of fresh air.


Next on my best dressed list was Katherine Heigl – this chick is such a glamazon and just can’t get it wrong! The scarlet red, off-one-shoulder gown she donned was just TDF! She looked 3 million bucks, whilst still looking effortlessly chic – not many people can do that!

Jessica Alba seems to be on alot of the worst dressed lists this morning but I think she looked radiant! She was glowing from head to toe in her floor length frock and even though she looks like a pregnant teenager (which is not a bad thing!) she was looking stunning.



Anne Hathaway – another in red wore a beautiful, Roman-esque, off-one-shoulder dress with roses floating down her strap onto the gown. Her make-up was chic and stunning - a smoky eye with a light red lip – red lip being quite popular last night. What I love about Hathaway is that she’s so Girl Next Door, she looks like someone I could be besties with!


An honourable mention goes to model/singer/yummy mummy/owner of the best accessory on the red carpet (husband/singer Seal), Heidi Klum, who surprise-surprise was in red but she really did shine. LOVE the pink accessories! Man, if I look that good after having kids – well let’s just say you’ll know about it!

I don’t have a worst dressed list as I only like to focus on the best!

So there you have it – The Academy Awards are over for another year – what did you think about who wore what? I'm not too interested in who won what - incase you hadn't noticed, but, really who is? Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts!

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xoxox

0 comments: