CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 14 February 2008

Next. Big. Thing.

Introducing Miss Ashlee Simpson.....what’s that? You’ve already met? Oh well, you may not have recognised her as she’s gone red – hair colour that is. And is about to hit our airwaves (again) at lightning speed. Her new single, ‘Outta My Head’ has already topped the charts in the U.S, and her album, Bittersweet World, will hit our shores very soon. In the meantime I’ve complied a list of things that you don’t know about Ashlee – I guarantee you learn something new!



* She carries Pez around with her everywhere (yes, they’re those lollies you had when you were 10 that come out of the character-headed dispensers and when you put them in there you eat the entire pack in the space of 60 seconds.)
* She worked with Timbaland (let’s face it she’s not the first popstar to do so) on her new album.
* Her new album is all about the beat, not as rocky as her last album, I Am Me, 'it’s got a bit of an ‘80s feel at times’, says the sassy star.
* She plans to tour soon (Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney)
* Her boyf and bass player of pop-punk band, Fallout Boy, Pete Wentz is her best friend – aawww!
* She had a baby-crush on Macaulay Culkin (hey, who wasn’t a fan of Home Alone, but I don’t think I ever crushed on him?!)!
* Whilst travelling she likes to listen to ‘Regina Spektor, that’s my girl music that I love. I like a lot of older stuff. I love Billie Holiday and Cab Calloway is very interesting. I like a wide variety. I love The Missing Persons,’ uumm does anyone else have no clue who any of these people are?
* She is a fan of The Little Mermaid! (I love this, not just because I have one of the songs from the movie on my i-pod – oooh did I just say that out loud?)!
* She thinks fashion shows are boring!

So are we loving or loathing her new locks? I’m liking. Change is good, and there’s way too many blondes these days, there’s only room for so many of us – you know?

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xox

0 comments: