CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Losing and Finding 101

I’m about to tell you something and I know exactly what you’re going to think as soon as I tell you, ‘As if, whatever this chick is kidding herself!?!’, but just wait til you’ve read this entire post before making any conclusions/judgements of any kind – got it? Sheesh, sometimes you lot are a hard bunch to please – but that’s why I love you!

Anyways back to my story. Ever since I was a little bubby, fresh out of high school I seem to have had this weird ability(you know like a Heroes kind of one), you see my belongings are kind of like a boomerang – take this Saturday night about 5 years ago, it was a beautiful summer’s night and I had my pink, patent Sportsgirl clutch with me………..




……Inside my clutch that night were the few necessities that every girl should have on a night out – lipgloss (duh, have you read the title of this website), mirror, I.D, money, hip flask (only if I'm on a budget that is). When I go out at night I usually only have a clutch with me. It’s super annoying having to hang onto anything else. What’s that you said? A Cardigan? Meh – who needs them. But, on this particular Saturday night I just happened to get home to my friend's place – let’s call her Brooke, our heads hit the pillow and we were out for the count (you see we were so, so tired coz we’d been up talking and dancing all night at our local pub).
I awoke, abruptly, to the sound of Brooke’s house phone going off.
***

RINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! RINGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH – Someone GET IT! I hear Brooke’s mum answer the phone and she rushes into the bedroom, ‘Girls, are you OK? Bella – where’s your mobile, your mother has been trying to call it all night?’ Oops. Forgot to tell mum I was staying at Brooke’s house. Mistake Number One. Mistake Number Two, um rewind, ouch my head is pounding – do we have to do this now, OK, a little slower this time, here goes, my. Mum. Has. Been. Trying. To. Call. Me. All. Night……Ummm s#$%! Where’s my mobile? My beautiful flip, pink, Motorola with a built-in camera that I had been saving for like 2 years to get is nowhere to be seen? Double s%#$!
OK, stay calm, by this time Brooke’s mum is shoving the house phone in my face and I can hear Mum on the other end, tsk, tsking away, “Where have you left your phone now, Bella? Hang on there’s a knock at the door, I’ll call you back!” Phew. That yelling wasn’t good for that headache of mine. I scratch around Brooke’s room for my clutch. Now, where did I fling that thing when I came in last night?
It’s not here, it’s not……anywhere.
I started to get that feeling in my throat – you know the one where you throw up in your mouth and have to swallow it again? It's getting you ready for 'that' moment. That moment when you’re about to completely freak out.

RINGGGGGGGG!!!! RINGGGGG!!!

I nearly jumped out of my skin (again), that damn house phone. I pick it up – ‘Hello?’
It’s Mum. ‘Bella, where’s your clutch bag?’, she screams, ‘My clutch, it’s ah, it’s right um. Hhmmmm. It’s not here.’ I finally spit out. ‘Well, lucky for you a nice man just dropped it off, with your phone, I.D and the rest of your crap.’ Oh. Mi. God.

So that’s how that story ended.

Then there was the time ooh, only two days ago where I came home from work and got to my front door ready to have a relaxing night in, I reached for my keys and my apartment keys had mysteriously gone missing from my keyring. The rest of the keys were attached (to my keyring) and I’d only just used them that morning so I searched in my car, on the ground, in my bag and in the car again and couldn’t for the life of me, locate them. I had to drive to my boyfriend to retrieve his keys and then all weekend sat in my apartment scared that someone was going to waltz on up to my apartment, let themselves in and go crazy on my belongings – you know, like, steal them. I got to work on Monday morning desperately searching high and low for my keys but they were still nowhere to be seen. Then as I’m walking to lunch my mobile starts to ring, ‘Hello?’, ‘Hi is this Bella?’ ‘Yes?’ Have you lost a set of keys Miss Bella?’ ‘Yesss?!’ I think you should come down and see us (Centre Management at my local mall); someone has handed in your keys with your Macro (wholefoods supermarket) membership tag attached to them. ‘Ah, great!’ I screamed, but couldn’t figure out how I had managed to attach my name and phone number to my set of keys, the lady must have caught on so continued to explain her findings, ‘It seems that the lady who found your keys contacted Macro and the nice people there gave her your number, then she passed your details onto us.’ Oh. Now it makes sense. Wow isn’t that just dandy.

So you see, every single one of my belongings is a boomerang in its own way.

I guess you could also call it some damn good luck with a dashing of some pretty nice people on my side.

Cheers to them.

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xoxo

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

You're so lucky your things always come back! I lost my fave black cardie at my music camp concert concert last night, and then left my pillow in the dorm. Luckily, we were staying in a motel near by so I remembered before we left and got it again. The kindness of strangers never ceases to amaze me...

gg xx