CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 10 November 2008

Can I get a round of applause for Aveda?

Beauty Tip # 87623

Yep, I’m talking bout that organic skin care, hair care, make up and lifestyle range, their tagline? ‘The Art and Science of Pure Flower and Plant Essences™’, doesn’t that in itself make you want to lather the stuff all over your body?

Don’t let the fancy-pants packaging trick you into thinking these guys are new to Beautyland, they’ve been around the traps longer than you and me: 1978 to be exact.

I have been using Aveda for about 6 months now. My mum put me onto the range of skin care and I have never looked back. The products have a way of making your skin look and feel amazing. Last week I purchased ‘Sun Source’ their moisturizing self tanner. I applied it on Friday night and then yesterday (Sunday) my friend commented how good my spray tan looked.......
Friend: ‘So, your spray tan looks hot.’
Me: ‘No spray tan, this is 100% DIY faux tanning at its best, I’m talking organic, all natural, no chemicals involved at all, so you can use it on your face and not break out!’
Friend: OMG, you have to tell me where I can get some, you look like you’ve just spent a week in Carbo’.
Me: ‘Run, don’t walk down to DJ’s or selected salons who stock Aveda products (http://www.aveda.com/) RRP: $39.95.
Friend: ‘Sigh, what would I do without your wealth of faux tan knowledge?’
Me: ‘Not too much’.

And that’s how it’s done.

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aveda hair care is AMAZING. I used the shampoo and conditioner for a few weeks when I was housesitting (because I forgot to take my own and that's what I found in the bathroom!)and its unbelieveable! Quite expensive but I have never seen my hair look so good!