CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 20 October 2008

The best $10 I've spent in a while

For those of you who don't know me and can't see the pic of me on the right hand side of this page, well, it's time I let you in on a little secret: I'm blonde.


The thing with being blonde is it's a major up-keep with the whole growing-back-of-the-hair situation. I go to the hairdressers every 6-7 weeks, spend 3 hours and about $150 to get me through to the next 6-7 weeks and then do it all over again! It's upsetting for me sometimes as that $150 is alot of money to me. And, to be going every second month (I believe) is just ludicrous. This passing Friday night I discovered a way to keep my hair lasting those extra couple of weeks in-between salon visits. And you know what? It ain't rocket science.

Step one: Mosey on down to your local Woolies/Chemist/Priceline/Coles and get yourself acquainted with the home-hair-colour aisle. Don't be scared - esp if you're blonde, coz let's face it, bleach is bleach and it's going to do the same thing that a salon colour will do to your hair any day. Plus you can have no-roots for less than $14.95!

Step two: Cast your eyes over to the Clairol range of hair colours. Ahuh that's right, now pick your preferred colour, Note: it doesn't matter if the shade you pick is a little off yours, it will still look hot.

Step three: Make sure you have a shampoo and conditioner that will hold your colour in place. i.e if you're blonde have a blonding shampoo and conditioner handy and same if you are a dark colour.

Step four: Follow the instructions and jump in the shower applying previous said shampoo and conditioner. Style your hair as usual and voila! Salon sexy colour that will have you strutting round like you just stepped out of Ken Paves’ hair salon! Minus the hefty receipt!


Peace Out,


Girl Next Door xoxo

0 comments: