CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 19 August 2008

I have a new job!

As many of you know, for the past 5 months, I have had a mini-break from the world of publishing. It was time for me to break away from the routine of getting up at 6am every morning. The 9am-5.30pm (plus 3 hours travel time each way) had to come to an abrupt end as I was completely and utterly worn out.



I live a 40 minute drive out of the city (that's without traffic) so I took it upon myself to seek out a job that was closer to home. One that was 'easier' to get to and from each day, one that was 'easier' to handle. I chose a job at my local mall in a shoe store, the girls I worked with were lovely but something just wasn't right. It took me 20 minutes to get home each night but I was striving for something bigger and better. I wanted my old life back. My life of getting up at 6am everyday to beat the traffic on said bus. The life of getting freebies day-in and day-out, anything from food, to drinks, to beauty and fashion products.



One day I decided (after having a pair of shoes thrown at me for not giving a customer a 'discount' coz the shoes had a mark on the bottom of them - mind you the shoes were already half price) that enough was enough. This was not leading my career anywhere and my bank account looked like it had an eating disorder. I was bored of standing around all day dreading an upset customer coming in and making my day un-liveable.

I cleaned out my locker, gave my badge back to my manager and the rest is history.



My new job is with a cute little publishing house in St Leonards, Sydney (Good Health Publications). Yes, I will be making myself very acquainted with Sydney's transit system once again, aka The Bus. But you know what? I don't mind. I'll just be happy to sit in an office with other jounalists and chat about journalisty things, like what we'll have for lunch, what we're making for dinner - oh and really important things like who's going to be on the next cover, and what cover lines are going to make the cover, etc, etc. I'll be working on a number of doctor's journals PLUS putting together pretty much the entire issue of Healthy & Heart Wise Magazine, not sure if you know it, but it's definitely worth a looksie. If you're interested in keeping yourself super healthy and keeping your heart super healthy, then sprint on down to your local newsagent's to score yourself a copy. At only $5.95 remind me why you're still sitting there?



Peace out to all my readers taking the next step to achieving the best for your body and well being (By heading to your newsagent's to get a copy of the mag. Now!) I mean, come on -who doesn't like Mike Munro, one of the biggest journalists Oz has to offer?



Girl Next Door xoxox

P.S Website for said magazine is heartwise.com.au

4 comments:

frangipani princess said...

hey!
congrats on new job! Hope it makes you super happy! I miss you working at gf =(

gg xx

Anonymous said...

congratulations, bella :)
i've been following your blog for a while now, and it's fantastic to see you back in journalism!

all the best, and may God continue to bless and keep you!

julia xx

Bella said...

Thanks Honey's! Thanks for reading! Bxx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I'm super late, but congratulations on your new job and chasing your dreams! :)