CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 8 August 2008

Do you have BPE (Bad Phone Ettiquette)?

I’ve just been trying to get in contact with one of my close friends, let’s call her Annie; I’ve repeatedly texted her over the past 48 hours. I’ve called her once, left no message but with the technology of today there is no need to, she can see I’ve called when my number flashes up or when she next ‘checks’ her phone. Do you think I’ve heard back from her? No. Zilch, nada, nothing. Not even a prank call (where she’ll call and hang up giving me the message that she has no credit and can I please call her back).

I’m the kind of person that you’ll always get a reply from, maybe not an instant reply but in most cases (even if I’m busy) I’ll text back or call the person who tried to contact me. I know I’m not the only person who does this; I mean we have phones for a reason, don’t we? So we can keep be contactable even in the furthest part of the world, at any time of the day. My bestie who is currently living OS texts me back straight away or calls me even though there’s a 9 hour time difference and two major seas between us!

I have another friend, Daisy, who was told by many of her friends that she was someone who never replied to text messages and never returned calls. Even if the person left a message asking her to call them back, she never would.
I understand if maybe once or twice this happens, it’s easy to forget to call someone back or glance at your mobile if it’s on silent but to just blatantly not call someone back and not return a text is just BPE.
If Nicole Richie has time to reply to a text, then surely we all do?

The thing with Annie is that she is one of my bestest friends, she’s there when I need a shoulder to cry on, she’s there with a bottle of champas when I’m thirsty and she’s there with an ear and a king size block of Cadbury advice when I’m stressed about anything. But, what about when I want to organise a night out and she’s not answering her phone? Whether it’s due to the fact that she has no credit or maybe she’s screening her calls - does that make her a bad friend or just someone who’s really unreliable with their phone?
Maybe it's me with the problem? Perhaps I'll just let my friends contact me from now on.......

Peace Out,

Girl Next Door xoxo

P.S Thanks to Celebrity Baby Blog for the pic of Miss Richie.

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

I have no phone service in most of my house, so sometimes I don't recieve messages fast enough to reply and that annoys my friends, but if I get a message I'll reply ASAP. I hate people who just think it's ok to not reply to messages!

gg xx