CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday 24 May 2008

The discoveries of the world waiting to be made......by us!

Riding on camels and donkeys at sunset, sailing down The River Nile on a felucca boat, smoking Shisha, dancing with a Nubian tribe and visiting mummy tombs…”

No I’m not on drugs, I just received the most magical postcard in the mail from my bestie who is currently riding a wave of unbelievable experiences. Packing up just 4 weeks ago and leaving her dream job in a bid to discover new cultures and explore this amazing and magical world we live in.

If you hadn’t guessed from the extract of the postcard I printed, my soul mate (in a bestie) is in historic Egypt – oh what I would give to travel to such an exciting place! As Ancient History was one of my favourite subjects back in school I know the history of the place is just unspeakable. In the 20cm postcard Phoebe sent me, I can almost smell the aroma of the musty, 38 degree, arid, desert. Apart from the fact that exposing yourself to a country like Egypt you jeopardise you health; the experiences had and seen are far worth the sacrifice of clean water and food.

Although I have been lucky enough to live a few overseas family holidays in my time I know I haven’t even begun to see the world. Vague memories of California, Detroit, Hawaii, Paris, Italy and Spain are stamped in my memory and photos take me back to those moments in my life that can only be described as incredible.
The only thing that stands between me and my next trip is 6 months, that’s right I’ve decided that life only comes around once (not to mention you 20’s) and it’s time for me to break free of my Northern Beaches bubble and do the one thing that I am best at; have fun!! I swear if there were jobs in having ‘fun’ I’d be the Director!

On the 23rd of December 2008 (at approx. 3.15pm) I fly out of Sydney and into New York City (JFK Airport where I meet my bestie Phoebe), for 13 whole days we’ll explore the shopping, sites and food that NYC has to offer – did I mention I’ll be in the city that never sleeps for Christmas AND New Years Eve? Oh, it must have slipped my mind! Then on the 4th of January 2009 (at approx. 9.15pm) I’ll wave goodbye to Miss Liberty, fly out of NYC and into London, Heathrow Airport (at approx. 1.25pm, 5th of January). The plan is to stay in London where my dear friend Phoebe will be living. For approx. 15 days – give 5 more perhaps, where we’ll never give up on the good times - Spice Girls style. It’s what we really, really want – zig-a-zig ah! Sounds like a whirlwind of fun – right? I know you're getting super jealous right now but you know what you can all do it too! Its just a matter of finding the right moment, friends and money to make your dream a reality! Whatever it is just do it coz you only live once!

Here’s to 6 months of saving and enjoying every minute of it!


Peace Out,


Girl Next Door xoxox




P.S Thought you knew everything there is to know about Thoughts? well think again coz good friend of Thoughts, Frangipani Princess grilled Girl Next Door only a couple of weeks ago to find out what really makes me tick - check out her entertaining blog at: frangipaniprincess.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like the picture of the camel.